Have you ever felt that so much of our world is about trying to find happiness and purpose on your own? We were not created to be in isolation, but in community with other people. Scripture reminds us that "God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. We were designed to connect with God who created us and with each other in meaningful, life-changing ways. This is what NewDay is all about!
Hope, Healing and Purpose
"We Are God's Masterpiece"
- We are all God's masterpiece but have been marred by our sins. People at NewDay do not need to wear masks and pretend we have it all together.
- Everyone stumbles. We accept each other, as Christ accepts us, right where we are. Our desire is to help each other as we grow together.
- We are a work in progress being made :new: in the image of Christ who's amazing grace has made it possible for us to be real and accepted.
We are ordinary people seeking after an extraordinary God!
"He has created us anew in Christ Jesus"
- Jesus loves us so much that He died for us even though we didn't deserve it.
- This authentic love God gate to us, transforms our lives and gives us the ability to love in the same way.
- By Jesus creating us "anew" we experience the joy of a real relationship with God and each other.
At NewDay, we are passionate about sharing God's love through radical kindness, forgiveness, acceptance and encouragement.
"We can do the good things He planned for us long ago"
- We are God's representatives to those who don't know Him.
- Following God involves stepping into the unknown and trusting Him to lead us and take care of us.
- "God is the same yesterday, today, and forever." God never changes, but everything He touches does.
At NewDay, we believe we need to live a joyful, active faith. We strive to be a caring community that seeks those outside our doors to bring hope to those who need it most.
NewDay Covenant Church aspires to be a church that reaches out in innovative ways to children, youth, adults, and families who have not yet experienced the life-changing difference that comes from knowing and following Jesus, and, in so doing, provide hope, healing, and purpose.
Values, Beliefs & Affiliation
Our Core Values
- The Bible is our guidebook for life and God uses it to bring transformation.
- The focus of our ministry is people, not programs.
- The goal of our ministry is that everyone be a fully devoted follower of Jesus.
- The environment for our ministry is team… learning to use your gifts for His glory.
- The process of our ministry is spiritual reproduction, investing our lives in others.
God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are coequal and are one God.
• Genesis 1:1,26,27,3:22
• Matthew 28:19
• 1 Peter 1:2
• 2 Corinthians 13:14
About Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is coequal with the Father and Holy Spirit. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven and will return again someday to earth to reign as King.
• Matthew 1:22,23
• John 1:1-5,14:10-30
• Hebrews 4:14-15
• 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
• Romans 1:3-4
• Acts 1:9-11
• 1 Timothy 6:14-15
• Titus 2:13
About the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is coequal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer spiritual gifts when they are saved. As Christians we seek to live under His control daily.
• Acts 1:8
• 1 Corinthians 3:17
• John 16:7-13,14:16-17
• Galatians 5:25
• 1 Corinthians 2:12,3:16
• Ephesians 1:13,5:18
About the Bible
The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs about living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without error.
• 2 Timothy 3:16, 1:13
• 2 Peter 1:20-21
• Psalm 119:105, 160, 12:6
• Proverbs 30:5
About Human Beings
People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. Sin separates us from God and causes many problems in our life.
• Genesis 1:27
• Psalm 8:3-6
• Romans 3:23
• Isaiah 59:1-2
Salvation is God’s free gift to us but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self:improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self:ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
• Romans 6:23
• Ephesians 2:8-9
• John 14:6, 1:2
• Titus 3:5
• Galatians 3:26
• Romans 5:1, 10:9-10
People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.
• John 3:16, 14:17
• Romans 6:23, 8:17-18
• Revelation 20:15
• 1 Corinthians 2:7-9
NewDay Covenant Church is part of the Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) – a rapidly growing multi-ethnic denomination in the United States and Canada with ministries on five continents of the world. Founded in 1885 by Swedish immigrants, the ECC values the Bible as the Word of God, the gift of God’s grace and ever-deepening spiritual life that comes through faith in Jesus Christ, the importance of extending God’s love and compassion to a hurting world, and the strength that comes from unity within diversity.
What makes the Covenant unique from other denominations is the fact that while it strongly affirms the clear teaching of the Word of God, it allows believers the personal freedom to have varying interpretations on theological issues that are not clearly presented in Scripture.