Week 2: "Know Yourself That You May Know God"
I Samuel 17:38-40
38 Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. 39 David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them.
“I cannot go in these,” he said to Saul, “because I am not used to them.” So he took them off. 40 Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine.
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Assessment referenced in the podcast click HERE (scroll to the bottom of their page to find the info)
From Illusion to Intimacy with God
People’s Process with God:
- 1. They met God
- 2. They study God
- 3. They even start doing godly things
- 4. But then they get stuck behind a wall
- 5. Miss the additional transformation from God and empowered love for God.
- 6. Miss the continued transformation of their lives
- 7. Lose track of the ways that even the shadows point towards the Greater Light